KCT’s Power Sports Featured on Erie News Now!
Erie News Now | WICU & WSEE in Erie, PA
Advantages of a lithium-ion battery
Lead Acid Vs. Lithium Ion batteries
Lithium Battery Advantages:
- A lithium battery is about a quarter of the weight of a lead acidy battery
- They have a higher cranking power so you can start your bike quicker than a lead acid battery
- Low self-discharge rate compared to a lead acid battery
- Lithium batteries take less time to charge than a lead acid battery
- Longer life span. Correctly maintained a lithium battery should last 48 months
- No leaking battery acid (sulfuric acid)
What you need to be concerned about with a lithium battery
- You have to use a lithium-ion battery charger. Using a lead acid battery charger will overheat Lithium battery and could cause a fire.
- Higher initial investment than lead acid
- If a lithium battery runs down too much you can’t recover them.
- Put in on a battery tender
- Store your bike with us during the winter. We’ll take care of your investment
Here’s a video all about lithium-ion batteries: